History

First SSpS arrived at Tumleo Island on Palm Sunday, 26 march 1899. They were four of them: sr. Ursula, sr. Fridolina, sr. Valeria and sr. Martha.

They came in response to a call for help from the first six Divine Word Missionaries to the South Seas, who had arrived on Tumleo Island three years previously. Later sisters open new communities in Monumbo, Bogia and Alexishafen which became to be the Central Station.

During the World War II many missionaries in PNG lost their life, others experienced a lot of suffering. Those who survived were brought by an army ship to safe place. SSpS sisters returned to Papua New Guinea in 1946 and continued their mission. history-2

Apostolate

In the process

Formation

In the process